- To create and broadcast a space in a stifling world where our voices are not heard and where the media is tightly controlled.
- To be independent from media and art where every word is bought and sold, by offering something for free.
- To broadcast programmes, communicate and explain events, as they occur, without being censored.
- To raise questions and provide information in a politically controlled world, undermining the power of the controllers.
- To provide an alternative to mainstream media culture and what they hold sacred; having fun whilst not taking ourselves too seriously.
- To provide a real community radio for Brighton.
- To give accurate current accounts of local and global political events.
- Because we are, like you, real people who make mistakes in a "perfect" world represented by businessmen, politicians and professionals saturated with information and a media that says nothing.
- Something to listen to ... because the silence is deafening.